Monday, September 23, 2013

Stretching Your Ear Lobes

This is a guide to help you successfully stretch your ear lobes to your desired size based on my personal experience. I have been in the body modification industry directly for a little more than five years as a professional body piercer/modification artist. I have successfully stretched my ears to 1" without ever having any problems/blowouts/infections etc..... Below is a picture of me an my ears that are stretched to 1"
 
So you want to stretch your ears, this is something that has been going on for a very long time, thousands of years that we know of for sure. First off my advise to you is to have some idea of what size your trying to get to, and I say this is for several reasons that I will touch on here shortly, but the main reason is the cost factor. Also this blog is intended for those who already have there ears pierced and the piercings are healed and for those who may have already started the stretching process, this is not a step by step tutorial but rather some helpful tips. I myself never used tapers, but that's not saying that you shouldn't. Tapers are helpful in the early stages but once you get to a certain size you will notice that they aren't really needed, usually right around 1/2". If your trying to stretch your ears to a large size like mine, I recommend using stone plugs for the jewelry as for the weight of the plugs themselves will help in the process. The main thing to keep in mind is being patient, your not going to have big gauges over night and it is a little painful in the beginning especially. Make sure all your jewelry and tools/tapers are clean before using them. Alcohol should be sufficient for cleaning them, if you bought them brand new. If your using a friends tapers or jewelry the only acceptable way of sterilization is an autoclave, don't think that just because you wiped them off with alcohol that there sterile because they are not. I advise against sharing of jewelry because there are so many blood borne diseases that you could contract, it is not worth the risk over spending a few dollars. When going from size to size you really need to listen to your body, if your ear lobes still hurt from the last stretch than its probably to soon to stretch again but if you can spin your jewelry around in your ear without any discomfort at all, you should be ok to go up another size. I strongly advise against going up more than one size at a time, if your at a 4g your next stretch should be to a 2g. When I stretch my ears this is the process I have followed, I get everything ready to go, jewelry cleaned, I always use a little dab of Vaseline so you will want to have that out an ready. Next I always stretch after showering. Why? Because if you take a nice hot shower it will actually loosen up your ear lobes and make them 10x easier to stretch plus your hands are clean, everything is clean an ready. Do not take your plugs out in the shower and wash your inside your ear lobes when your getting ready to stretch your ears, the soap will tighten up your lobes and this defeats the purpose. Now your out of the shower, you want to apply a little Vaseline or petroleum jelly to your new plugs that your about to put in, you don't need much a thin layer all the way around it should be plenty, remove one of the plugs from your ears and also put a little Vaseline inside your lobes. When you insert the new plug, put the bottom of the plug in first, pull slightly down and push the top in. This should be an easy process, but jewelry selection is key. I strongly recommend a stone double saddle plug, if your using flesh tunnels that are double flared, the flares can make it a little harder to get in. If your in need of a good quality stone plug at a good price, go to my website www.yourpiercednation.com they are very affordable. If you have any questions concerning this topic or any form of body modification, please feel free to contact me. I will answer any questions or concerns that you have personally.
Those are two examples of plugs I sell, but there are many more and you can get a pair for as cheap as $5.00!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment